Looking for unique, fun and educational homeschool science field trip ideas for the new school year?
- Zoo – No explanation needed.
- Park – Great place to identify trees, bugs, birds…
- Water Treatment Facilities – Most municipal facilities are more than happy to give educational tours.
- Landfills - Some give tours or educational programs, other do not. I promise, you and your kids will think before throwing anything away after touring a landfill.
- Farm - Do you have friends or family with a farm you can visit? Some communities have working farms that are open to the public. There is so much to learn from visiting a farm. You could make it into a huge unit study.
- Veterinarian’s Office - Learn about being a doctor for animals.
- Planetarium - Great place to learn about planets and space in a comfy, theater setting.
- Observatory - Check for public viewing times at your local observatory or call for a private viewing.
- Research Labs – Contact a local corporate of college research lab for a tour and a Q and A.
- Bakery – If you don’t think baking bread is a science, then you’ve obviously never baked bread!
What is your favorite science field trip locale?