Bloggers are usually good writers. They have something to say and have chosen the written word to communicate that information. They know that to get people to understand them clearly and to come back for more, their writing needs to be worthy of an audience’s attention.
Some bloggers are natural writers and others have to work at it. No matter what the skill level, sometimes even the best writers need a little help. There are words that spell check misses or paragraphs that get jumbled up because of late night writing. There are times when bloggers just get stuck.
That’s where an editor comes in. I always thought of editors working for newspapers or publishers, but they can work for bloggers, as well.
Editors can be a blogger’s secret weapon. (You can tweet that. That’s good stuff!)
My friend, Lisa, at For Love Of Words, is a blogger and professional editor. She shared some of her experience and insight with me when I was looking into an editor for an upcoming project. I learned that editors are not just for special projects. Editors can be helpful in the day to day running of a blog.
Why Individual Bloggers Need An Editor
- Even the best writers benefit from a second set of eyes to read their words for clarity, cohesiveness, and those pesky misspellings.
- Bloggers can focus on WRITING and save themselves time in the editing process.
- Having someone edit posts before they go live is an incentive to plan well and write ahead!
- It’s a comfort to know that posts have a professional look and sound to them when you hit publish.
- A blogger can develop a great relationship with her/his editor and have a trusted person to bounce ideas off.
- An editor can help a blogger hone his/her writing skills.
Why Contributor Blog Owners Need An Editor
- Having an editor who will communicate with and coordinate contributing writers is invaluable for a website owner!
- Having one person edit all contributor posts creates continuity and consistency.
- Contributor blog owners are busy, and having an editor takes a huge weight off the time requirement.
For Love Of Words
Contact Lisa at For Love Of Words to learn more about her services and how she can help you take your blog to the next level while lifting some of your blogging burden.
For Love Of Words is a new sponsor of The Homeschool Scientist!
Sponsors like this are partners with The Homeschool Scientist that help bring you resources to take the fear out of and put the fun into homeschool science. If you would like to partner with The Homeschool Scientist, please contact me.