When people think of science, they often think of laboratories, lab coats, and microscopes. The truth is science is everywhere and so much more than chemicals and experiments. In fact, one of the best ways to learn about science is to take the short trip to the backyard.
The backyard offers an opportunity to observe and study animals, plants, weather, soil, rocks, and more! Think of it as your family’s private laboratory and observatory where the science comes to you. It is a safe place to explore, observe, and test.
Use the Backyard Science ebook as a launching pad into the world of science. Catch bugs, build bird feeders, keep track of rainfall totals, and more. Let your kids see how much fun science can be.
- 2nd edition with additional lessons and printables
- Nine chapters packed with backyard science lessons and activities
- Lessons geared toward K-8th grade that could be easily adapted for older students
- Each lesson has hands-on backyard science activities for all ages
- 19 Printable worksheets and notebooking pages
- Tons of links to additional resources and information for further study
- Simple black and white lesson and printable pages to save you printer ink
- PDF download emailed to your inbox
- Price: $6.99
- Grade Level:
- Page Count:
- Click here to view a sample
Disclaimer (Please Read!): No return on this product. Sale is final. After payment is made, you will be emailed the download link to the product. Make sure you check your email soon after purchase and successfully download the product.
What can you learn about in your backyard?
Insects And Plants
- Learn about bees and their vital role in nature
- Discover insects that hide in wet, dark places in our backyard
- Learn the basics of gardening and how to plant a garden no matter the size of your yard
- Identify the parts of a plant and the role those parts play in plant reproduction
Birds And Animals
- Learn how to attract birds to your backyard and learn to identify different bird species
- Be a detective and find out what animals visit your yard when you aren't looking
- Discover the tiniest creatures living in your backyard
- Learn how to observe and record changes in the weather
- Identify weather phenomena and discover why each are important
- Create your own backyard weather station
- Track precipitation in your backyard