- Price: FREE THROGUH 2/28/2022
- Grade Level: K-5
- Page Count:
- Click here to view a sample
- Chemistry experiment using eggs, vinegar, fluoride, and soda/cola
- Lab Worksheet activities
- Math calculation activity as we chart the effects of osmosis (Sounds complicated, but it’s not! It’s super-interesting.)
- 36 flashcards for vocabulary activities (12 words x 3 different flashcards each)
- Games to play with the flashcards
- Anatomy of a tooth diagram – both blank and labeled. Use it as a quiz too.
- Teeth Charts (to help develop graph and chart reading skills)
- Word Search
- Tooth Brushing Log
- Coloring and other activity pages for preschool-3rd grade
- Full directions and explanations for the experiment
- Bonus ideas for taking the experiment further
- Teaching tips and instructions
How to Use This Unit
This is a dental health mini-unit that has includes a chemistry experiment that is designed to help students see a how important proper it is to practice good dental hygiene. I’ve included teaching tips and activity ideas. Use the pages that best fit each of the age groups you are teaching. This unit is ideal for teaching situations where you have multiple age levels or varying levels of reading and writing skills.
There are three levels of “lab worksheets” because each child you are teaching may have a different reading and writing level. We want to make science accessible to students, so we’ve worked to make the sheets fun for all. I highly encourage you to have your littlest scientists have fun with the experiment and lab worksheets. They will learn soak up the science and feel like they are doing school too!
This guide is a simple, easy to understand lesson pack broken down into bite-sized pieces. Young elementary students should pick this up easily with a little help from an adult. Older elementary students should be able to work through this independently.
I designed this study for all types of learning styles. Students will be able to learn through reading, writing, sketching, problem solving, and hands-on activities.
Disclaimer (Please Read!): After payment is made, you will be emailed the download link to the product. Make sure you check your email soon after purchase and successfully download the product. There are no returns on digital downloads.
Add to Cart