When parents first decide to homeschool, it can be a bit overwhelming. OK. More than a bit.
Take the thought of educating your own children and throw in the thousands of resources available (that all look so wonderful) and it’s easy to see where some stress and doubt can creep in. That’s where you need a mentor to walk you through. A friend who has been there, done that, and can help you get started without losing your mind is essential.
In our case, I had several friends who were homeschool veterans who poured their wisdom into me, helped me choose curriculum, and guided me through getting started homeschooling. I still call them for guidance often.
What if you don’t have anyone to ask about getting started homeschooling? Compass Classroom has put together a video series featuring workshops by Carole Joy Seid called Homeschool Made Simple that can be a friend and great help to you.
Carole is a veteran homeschooling mom and conference speaker who counsels homeschooling parents. In the Homeschool Made Simple series, she walks you through how to put together a literature-based approach to homeschooling.
Carole shows how to make homeschool simple, enjoyable and affordable with only a Bible, a library card, and a math book. She really does take the stress out of homeschooling.
The following workshops are included in the Homeschool Made Simple video series:
- 1. Children & Reading
- 2. Choosing Books
- 3. Building Character in Children
- 4a. Math, Writing, Science, Art & Music
- 4b. Bible & A Typical Day
- 5. Children & Media
- 6. Teaching History Using Literature
Today is the launch of Homeschool Made Simple. Order this series on DVD or as a download April 8-15 and get it for only $19.99! After April 15, you can purchase the series for only $29 until the end of April.
Homeschool Made Difficult
If homeschooling made simple sounds like too much of an easy way out for you, you might want to take a look at Dwayne Thomas’ new series Homeschool Made Difficult.
Workshops included are:
- 1. Learning to Read with Braille
- 2. If Your Books Are In English, They Are the Wrong Books
- 3. That Which Does Not Kill Them Only Makes Them Stronger
- 4a. Differential Calculus, Writing a Verse Epic, Organic Chemistry, & Lithography
- 4b. Baroque Composition, Systematic Theology, & Living With Burnout
- 5. Engaging the Cyborg Child of Tomorrow
- 6. Teaching Historiography Using Only Archival Ancient Manuscripts
Don’t be a Dwayne. Make homeschool simple!