STEM is receiving increasing attention from parents, teachers, state and local leaders, companies, and educational institutions.
Youth apprenticeship programs are growing, with some states receiving even more funds in July 2020. Retailers like Amazon and smaller educational companies have STEM subscription services.
How do we help prepare our children for STEM? What are the STEM opportunities available for our young children and teens?
The Homeschool Scientist has put together the STEM Guide for Parents that is packed with information, resources, and helpful tips from two homeschool graduates now working in engineering and biology.
Who Will Benefit from The STEM Resource Guide for Parents?
Do Any of These Scenarios Sound Familiar?
- You have a child who is a hands-on learner and loves to build with Legos(TM)
- You have a child who loves video games, and you’re looking for a way to direct that interest into STEM
- You or your child struggle with science and you are seeking hands-on resources that are child- and parent-friendly
- Homeschooling high school is here and your teen is interested in STEM
- You have a child who excels in math or programming or science and are looking for team competition opportunities
- You have a child who is passionate about animals or taking things apart or astronomy or anything science-related
The Homeschool Scientist has gathered information on STEM lesson sites, free coding resources (from Scratch to 3D autocad) for ages K-adult, individual and team competitions for coding, math, science, and engineering....BUT, wait! There's more....
What's Inside The STEM Resource Guide
Inside you’ll find:
- Listing of STEM Activities to do with your children
- 3-step process of getting your children interested in science
- Easy-to-do STEM activities (with step-by-step instructions and photos) to do with your children
- Comprehensive listing of hands-on STEM resources
- Important areas to cover in high school to prepare for a STEM major and career – Tips from a mechanical engineer and a biology major
- STEM Activities (with step-by-step instructions and photos) to do with your children
- Information on youth apprenticeship programs
- Listing of math competitions
- Engineering and robotics competitions
- 4 Keys to Helping Our Children and Teens Enjoy STEM
- Listing of free coding resources for K-12
Input your email, and we'll get the guide out to you asap! Your email will be added to our email list. We promise not to spam you and to only share quality resources.
Copyright 2022 TheHomeschoolScientist.com