*Disclosure: I was compensated by TakeLessons for this post.
I always knew our children would take music lessons one day. Not only did I think it would be awesome for them to learn to play an instrument, but he extra benefits that come from lessons are amazing. Learning music can strengthen parts of the brain used for language development and spatial reasoning, thus helping the ability to process language and learn important math skills. Students, also, learn discipline from the practice schedule and some studies have found a light increase in IQ scores after students participate in music lessons.
When the time came for the kids to actually take lessons, the hard part was finding an instructor. I finally found a great piano teacher for the kids, but it took some searching and some interviewing. It would have been so much easier if I had a list of music instructors and tutors to choose from that had already been checked out and screened. Something like……TakeLessons.com.
TakeLessons.com is an online network of private music teachers, arts instructors and academic tutors throughout the U.S. Since 2006, TakeLessons.com has worked with over 30,000 students nationwide. They provide a quick, easy online search of instructors through their website. Each instructor is extensively interviewed and given an annual criminal background check, so there is less work for you!
TakeLessons.com does more than just help you find your instructor. They assist with scheduling, initial coordination with the instructor, and billing.
Can’t find an instructor in your area or one that works with your schedule? Not problem. TakeLessons.com provides online lessons. All you need is a computer with a webcam, a Skype account, and a good Internet connection!
TakeLessons.com Quick Facts
- Over 30 lesson types available, including guitar, singing, piano, drums, violin, dance, acting, and academic tutoring.
- Lessons available in-studio, in-home or online (via Skype). Lesson prices vary depending on location and length
- Our most popular lesson package is Quarterly (book 12 lessons, get 1 free). Other packages include month-to-month and Flex (coordinate lesson times as you go along with your instructor)
- 100% Money Back Guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with your first lesson, we’ll find you another teacher, or refund all of your original purchase price, including the first lesson.
- No long-term commitments – switch your schedule, teacher or instrument type at any time.
- Teachers available for all ages and all experience levels
TakeLessons.com Special Offers
Would you like to try TakeLessons.com?
TakeLessons.com is offering 20% off music lesson or tutoring packages to The Homeschool Scientist readers when you use promo code ‘SCIENTIST’ at checkout! Call 619-618-7488 to speak with a TakeLessons Student Counselor. Offer is good through July 6.
As another bonus for readers of The Homeschool Scientist, TakeLessons.com is offering you this FREE ebook, “Guide to Getting Started With Music Lessons”.
Take advantage of these great offers!