Give your presents a little more this year by introducing and fostering the love for logic, skills, problem solving and technology with these robot and programming gifts for kids. From coding games to robots, all of these options are great choices.
Kids will be able to discover, explore, and learn concepts such as debugging, prototyping, and programming. What a great way to keep kids busy all while they learn about this incredibly interesting subject.
There’s no need to worry about the price tag. The gifts on this list have a variety of prices that start at just $10 and go up from there. With all of these options, any budget can be met. (These are affiliate links. I earn a small percentage of sales generated.)
- Trash Robot Kit – Turn trash into robots that move! Such a great idea. You can also pick up this 4M Tin Robot for $11. This kit recycles a soda pop can into a functioning robot or monster.
- Salt Water Powered Robot Kit – Discover alternate sources of energy with this robot kit.
- Transforming Solar Robot – Build your very own solar powered robot!
- Coder Bunnyz– A very comprehensive STEM coding board game. Learn ALL the concepts you ever need in Computer Programming in a fun adventure.
- Code Master Programming Logic Game – Learn the staples of programming, problem solving, and more with this board game.
- Littlecodr Kids Coding Game – Introduce kids to programming with this card game.
- Room Defender – Kids can program an alarm system complete with sirens, lights, and sound effects with this programming gift.
- Gyrobot-Gyroscopic Robot Kit – Build a robot (seven different ways!) that moves with the force from a Gyroscope machine.
- Programmable Rover – Kids can learn basic programming and math with this rover.
- Fisher-Price Think & Learn Code-a-pillar – Introduce younger kiddos to programming with this gift. Each segment represents a movement. Those movements can be moved around to reach certain targets and motions. How fun!
- Makey Makey – An Invention Kit for Everyone – Make a touchpad with this programming gift touch and connect your computer with anything around you, even bananas. No programming experience required, all you need are some ideas and you are set.
- MiP Robot – Program this robot to balance, navigate, and dance! It is also available in black.
- Remote Control Machines – Build your own machines with this kit. There are endless design possibilities and you can use up to 3 motors to make the ultimate remote control machine.
- My First Robot Scientific Kit – Build a Programmable Robot – Spark a love for programming with this my first robot kit. After the robot is built you can search for metal objects with a magnet!
- Make Block Programmable Robot – Easy to build robot is operated by software that is easy to use. Harness the power of programming with this DIY robot kit.
- Sphero – This app controlled robot ball can be controlled my an app or by your facial expressions!
- littleBits Electronics cloudBit Starter Kit – Turn anything into a smart device with this device. The possibilities are endless. I know some kid geniuses will figure out some creative ways to reinvent everyday things.
- Tinkering Labs Electric Motors Catalyst STEM Kit – Kids can build their own wooden robots, learn electronics, and learn important engineering and STEM concepts.
- Osmo Genius Kit – Bridge the gap between physical games and technology with this Osmo kit. Great way to involve parents as well.
- Ozo Toy Robot – Learn how to program with this small toy robot. Perfect for beginners or advanced programmers.
- Cozmo – A real-life robot that comes equipped with Code Lab, the perfect platform for new coders.
- Electronic Gizmos & Gadgets Kit – This kit comes with all the pieces you need to make 12 projects. Perfect for young inventors to explore and discover.
- Wonder Workshop Dash & Dot Robot Wonder Pack – Dash & Dot can be programmed to complete a lot of different tasks. Use your mobile device to communicate with these robots. Kids will learn how to interact with the robots through programming where they will navigate obstacle courses and even dance.
- LEGO Mindstorms EV3 – Build your own robot that has an Intelligent EV3 Brick with powerful ARM9 processor, wifi connection, and so much more. You can build a variety of different machines as well as design your very own.
- Piper Computer Kit – Play Minecraft and learn how technology works with this computer kit.
Robot and Programming Kits
Subscription kits are huge right now. Here are 2 robot and programming kits I highly recommend. Our kids really enjoyed them and learned a lot with them.
Any of these robot and programming gifts for kids will be met with excitement and curiosity. Great way to keep those hands busy! What robot gifts will you be grabbing this year? Share with us in the comments. Happy shopping!