This post contains affiliate links.
An essential middle school science topic in our homeschool is Human Anatomy and Physiology using Apologia science curriculum. Both of our kids learned a lot with this curriculum. We, also, used a lot of supplemental resources to solidify what they learned and to add a little fun.
Learning About The Immune System
- My kids enjoy the interactive lessons from E-LearningForKids.org. This interactive immunity lesson will be great for our study.
- This immune system card game is great for high school students.
- The How the immune system works video from KidsHealth.org is a fun, animated overview.
- The immune response animation and quiz from McGraw-Hill will be a good way to review and test what the kids have learned at the end of the week.
- This is an interesting video on natural killer cells.
- The Notebooking Journal that goes along with the text is a great place for students to take notes on fun pages, do crosswords that help them learn new terms, and to record experiments.
- You can swab surfaces around the house and use those swabs to inoculate petri dishes to see which surfaces has the most bacteria. Be ready to be surprised.
- If your kids love The Magic School Bus series, try The Magic School Bus World Of Germs science kit!
Don’t miss the entire Human Anatomy and Physiology series from The Homeschool Scientist.