When we first started homeschooling my daughter, I loved searching for new science experiments to do with her. I would find experiments that went along with the science we were studying and I would find others just for fun. Sometimes, I would have all the supplies we needed and other times we would have to take a trip to the store. It was all part of the process and so much fun.
That was back when I only had one child to homeschool and my kids weren’t involved in sports, clubs, volunteering, and friends and I wasn’t working so many hours. Ahh… the simple life.
These days, my time to research experiments is limited and if I don’t have a necessary supply I can’t even say when I’ll be able to get to the store to get it unless I use 2 day Amazon Prime shipping. I am discovering more and more the joys of ready-to-go science kits.
Being able to open a box or bag and have everything we need to do a complete science experiment is a huge time and sanity saver. Plus, it ensures my kids get great science experience!
Insight To Learning Science Experiment Kits
We recently had the opportunity to review science kits from Insight To Learning. This is a company that supplies science / STEM kits to school across the country and has come up with unique way to make science easy and affordable for homeschool families.
My son had a great time doing the experiments. He used the Engineering Design kit. He powered boats with air, learned about construction and design, and built a straw rocket.
What’s so unique about Insight To Learning experiment kits?
- Each kit contains at least 5 science experiments.
- The supplies for each experiment are separately bagged. Just grab and go.
- The experiment manual contains instructions, worksheets, and questions to ask the student about the experiment.
- Each kit is topical and grade appropriate.
- You can purchase a subscription or purchase each kit separately.
- The subscription price is very affordable.
- The subscription price is kept low be allowing you to be able to return durable items that might be one time use after you are finished and not be charged for them. No more buying expensive lab equipment.
- New science experiments delivered to your door every six to eight weeks.
Where do I see room for improvement?
- The definitions for the vocabulary words in the manual aren’t given in the text, but the students are expected to know what they mean according to the questions at the end of each experiment lesson. These definitions should be added.
- We reviewed the 4th grade Engineering Design kit. It was a lot of fun, however a couple of the experiments seemed a little young for 4th grade. This is based on our own homeschool science experience. Each experiment kit addresses grade appropriate Next Generation Science Standards.
- The website it hard to navigate which makes it difficult to figure out the difference between the subscription packages and buying kits outright. I have been told that website updates are in the works. Yeah!
Science Kit Subscriptions
If you are looking for an affordable, simple way to make science come alive for your kids, consider Insight To Learning’s homeschool science kit subscription service.
With an Insight To Learning homeschool science kit subscription, a science kit with at least 5 experiments will arrive at your home every six to eight weeks. Items will be clearly marked as either perishable or durable. A list will also be included in each shipment to let you know which items must be returned to Insight To Learning.
After you finish your experiments, just place the items in the same box you received them and affix the prepaid postage label. You will be charged for the items you do not return. A new kit will not be shipped until we have received the previous kit we sent you with all durable goods enclosed. You can find out more details at Insight To Learning.
Of course, you can purchase each kit with all of the supplies to use later as well.
Get Your Discount
Insight To Learning is offering 50% off your first subscription kit order for all new customers. Insight To Learning will send a check for 50% of the subscription price with the first order. There is no expiration date.
Connect With Insight To Learning