Everyone’s wanting a white Christmas. How about going for a “green” Christmas? Here are some ways to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle this holiday season.
- Don’t buy what others don’t need
- Buy experiences, not stuff
- Don’t use bows or ribbons on packages
- Limit the number of gifts you buy per person
- Save gift bags to use again
- Cut up last year’s Christmas cards to use as gift tags
- Cut up paper shopping bags. Stamp them with a Christmas pattern and use for wrapping paper.
- Save your jars. Put candies, cookies or homemade hot chocolate mix inside and give as gifts.
- Get creative with your decorations. Paint and glitter old light bulbs and use as ornaments. Cut out patterns from old Christmas cards and hang on the tree.
- Wrap gifts in old maps or newpapers.
What other ways can we reduce, reuse and recycle for Christmas?