*This post contains affiliate links.
Here are some of our favorite fall science activities that will get your kids outside studying nature and bringing some of that knowledge indoors to apply it to more fun projects. Learn about leaves, seeds, pumpkins, apples, and more!
- Collect, draw and color leaves.
- Try a Leaves Through The Seasons Art Project.
- Do a leaf chromatography experiment to learn why leaves change colors.
- Make a leaf journal using the leaves you collect and these printables from Kidzone.
- Do a Fall Leaves Unit Study.
- Download these Fall Brick Activities from CurrClick.com.
- Visit a pumpkin patch or pick one up at the grocery store.
- Do a pumpkin unit study.
- 15 Pumpkin STEM Activities
- Pumpkin candy experiment
- You can do bark rubbings or collect seeds and nuts.
- Make a tree unit study of your own.
- Take a trip to your local apple orchard
- Learn all about the different varieties
- Dissect apples and find their seeds.
- Make apple prints
- Experiment with apples and vitamin C
- Fall is a great time to collect seeds and nuts from plants and study them.
- Check out this Seed Study series for some inspiration.
- Mini seed book printable – FREE
Take A Hike
- Hit the trails and just explore. You never know what you might find!
- These Nature Study Printables for toddlers and pre-schoolers will help direct the little ones.
- 5 reasons hiking is great for kids
What are your favorite fall science activities?